HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER EASTER NEST COOKIES
- Lay out all your ingredients/tools! Make sure you line a large baking sheet with waxed paper and have your TBS measure all ready to go before you start no-baking! Once the cookies are finished cooking on the stovetop you will need to move quickly to shape them into nests!
- Chill. Chill the cookies before adding the chocolate eggs (or jelly beans, or candy of your choice) so that they do not melt!
- Store. Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Coconut oil has a low melting point, so if the cookies get too warm they will start melting!
HEALTHY NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER EASTER NEST COOKIES: SUBSTITUTIONS
There are only 8 ingredients in this recipe, and there aren’t many ingredients I’d recommend changing! But here are two possible substitutions.
- Peanut Butter. Any nut or seed butter works great in this recipe!
- Coconut oil. Butter or ghee can be used as a substitute for coconut oil! Just be sure to choose a fat source that complies with your dietary needs!
- Honey. For a vegan version, use maple syrup!
- Coconut. If coconut isn’t your thing (sad), you can simply increase the amount of oats by 1/4 cup and leave it out entirely!
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ to ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
Combine peanut butter, honey salt and coconut oil in a saucepan and heat until combined.
Add vanilla and cocoa powder. Stir until well combined.
Add quick-cooking oats and mix well.
Add coconut and stir until completely combined.
Drop 1 TBS portions of mixture onto your prepared baking sheet. Press into the shape of nests. Continue until you’ve used all your cookie mixture.
Let cool in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened. Top with your favorite candy eggs.
Serve cool or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator!
Amount Per Serving
Calories 140.4 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 5.5g 28%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g
Sodium 61mg 3%
Potassium 15.3mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 11.4g 4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6%
Protein 3.4g 7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave A Comment