CAREERS AT 15 TO FIT
If you’re looking for careers in the fitness industry, it’s our hope you have precisely what we need in a Pilates and fitness trainer so we can take this page down immediately and put you to work in a fun and rewarding career!
You should have arrived here because you saw our employment ad that reads like this:
Pilates & Fitness Instructor, $15-$25/hr, excellent attitude, people person, growth/bonus opportunities.
So let us tell you about us, our company and the coaching position.
We are Patrea & Troy Aeschliman and we run a fitness company called 15 to Fit Pilates, Barre & Fitness.
Our business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs. We help people achieve things they never thought possible.
And business is booming!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
Our studio is located in Mooresville right off of Exit 33 on Williamson Road.
We currently offer one-on-one Pilates & fitness programs and Pilates, barre & TRX classes for up to 9 people in which educate, motivate, and support men, women, and teens to improve their health and fitness.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you’ll begin coaching clients in the studio 2–3 days a week for 3–4 hours per day.
Bottom line: you’ll get at least 12 hours of training clients per week at $15-$20 per hour. You will have the opportunity to move up after a 90-day trial period. Our studio offers a casual, fun environment, amazing equipment, and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful Pilates training studio.
Oh yeah, we’re also very fair, respectful, and appreciative. We like having fun and making money providing highly valuable Pilates & Fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and we will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. We want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others…because that’s what we do in our studio.
Tasks You’ll Be Expected To Perform
- Develop comprehensive Pilates and fitness programs for clients. You’ll receive coaching and training on our Pilates system and programs, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. We need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good communication skills. You will be talking with our clients, who are VERY important to us.
- You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people! This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and fitness education. You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National certification
- Kinesiology degree
- CPR certified